THE FUTURE IS CIRCULAR
AZYÄ collaborates with AQUAFIL, a company that rescues ocean waste such as abandoned fish nets and other pre-and-post consumer nylon waste such as fabric scraps and industrial plastics. AQUAFIL then develops ECONYL® yarn using a radical regeneration and purification process, whereby the nylon waste is recycled right back to its original purity. This means ECONYL® regenerated nylon is exactly the same as virgin nylon. ECONYL® regenerated nylon has the potential to be infinitely recycled, recreated and remoulded again and again without ever losing its quality. The goal is that once all products containing ECONYL® are no longer useful to customers, they can go back into step one of the Regeneration System.
For every 10,000 tons of ECONYL® raw material, ECONYL® are able to save 70,000 barrels of crude oil and avoid 65,100 tonnes of CO2 eq. emissions. As well being a solution to waste, ECONYL® is better when it comes to climate change. It reduces the global warming impact of nylon by up to 90% compared with material from oil.
AZYÄ SIGNATURE SMOOTHING SWIM FABRICATION
AZYÄ's signature smoothing fabric is a leading sustainable techno-fabric, milled in Italy, made from ECONYL® regenerated nylon yarn using the latest kitting technology. A premium and versatile performance fabric ideal for both swim and activewear apparel.
This highly innovative fabric offers:
- Optimal breathability
- UPF 50+
- Quick drying to effortlessly transition you beyond the water
- Chlorine resistant - more than 2X when compared to average chlorine-resistant spandex
- Quick moisture wicking to effortlessly transition you beyond your workout
- High Opacity (excellent coverage)
- Feels smooth and luxurious against the skin
- 2-way stretch for freedom of movement
- 20% flatter than average swim fabric
- Excellent shape retention